Friday, April 13, 2012

Bunionette Surgery

Sorry for the delay in posting, between being busy and losing 2 bunnies I just haven't felt up to it. But since I have to take it easy for awhile I thought I'd get back into it.

So, I won't be running for awhile! Over the last year or so a small lump on my left foot beside my little toe (bunionette) has started to bother me. It was getting more and more annoying so I decided to book the surgery. I had the same surgery on my right foot 12 years ago and it went really well. This is a picture of my foot about a week after surgery. I had the surgery on the 3rd of April. The dressing is a half cast on the left side of my foot to protect the surgery site.

I should be getting it removed on Monday when I see the surgeon. A week and a half in it doesn't feel too bad. I'm allowed to put weight on my heel so I hobble around. I didn't put any weight at all on it for the first several days as it was quite sore and I wanted to let it heal as much as possible. I'll document my recovery on here for anyone who may need this surgery in the future. Yesterday was the first day I spent most of the day upright and I could feel that it swelled a little. Hopefully it won't be too bad when I go back to work on Monday.

Everyone here has been taking great care of me. In this picture Sapphire is doing a great job at keeping my legs warm.

I've decided to make some regular segments on this blog. Bunny Sunday or "Bunday" will be bunny pictures and Tuna Tuesday for cat pictures! They will be my own usually but I will also share adoptables from Rabbit Rescue and the Alliston and District Humane Society.

Thanks for reading!
~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment