Saturday, May 9, 2009

Crochet and Mother's day

I think I have decided on trying to grow some forget-me-nots from seed in my container.  I guess I'll have to wait and see how that goes.  I'd better buy the seeds soon!  

I also decided to teach myself how to crochet.  I saw a cute crochet bookmark my friend's mom had made her and I thought it would be cute to make bunny bookmarks.  So on Wednesday I started playing around and trying to learn the stitches, last night I came up with this basic bunny bookmark.


I think it turned out pretty cute.  I will probably make a few out of some nice cotton yarn to put in my Etsy shop.  I ordered some brown, brown and white mix and pink.  I think I will prefer more muted colours to this bright one.  Crochet is pretty fun, I think I will stick with it for now and see what else I can come up with! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's day tomorrow :)  I'm going to visit my parents tonight and then tomorrow we are getting together for brunch with my grandmother, my aunt and her family.  I haven't seen them in a little while so it will be nice.  It will also be nice to get out of the apartment for a night, since I've been so sick the past few weeks I haven't been anywhere but home and work.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment